Monday, January 28, 2008

Farina with Friends

An group of us went to Farina for DAT, but as it turned out, they didn't have the DAT menu that evening. So we just ordered off the regular menu and ate family style instead.

Prosciutto di Parma e burrata su focaccina - one cannot go wrong with smoked meats and fluffy clouds of cheese. Pizzata di Recco - flatbread with tomato and capers. Was just so-so. Gamberoni con passatina di ceci e cipoline verdi - prawns in chick peas puree. An unexpected combo.
Filetto piemontese di manzo con burro al tarfufo bianco e salsa al Barolo - filet mignon with white truffle butter. Perfect done-ness and decadent as advertised.
Branzino avvolto alla mela verde - branzino with leeeks. Very delicate.
Raviolini di carne alle erbette - ravilois filled with braised beff, borage, and veal. The meat was dry inside and not as rich as I would have thought.
Pansotti al sugo di noci - totelli with ricotta and walnut cream sauce. Was a bit dry but still good.
While I loved the modern decor, I was not wowed by the food. I think I would save my dining dollars for another Iatlian venue.


No comments: