Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Q, Spa, and Gravy

The eating for my birthday weekend up in Napa and Calistoga was decadent indeed. Intense eating interspersed with drinking and spa treatments - we once again rivaled the Kobe cows. Lunch was at Barber's Q. Malia and Sherri ordered pulled pork sandwiches pictured left.

Mac'n'cheese for the table
My beautiful half a rack of baby back ribs.
The towering ice cream with hot fudge sundae
After hours of drinking, massaging, and skin rejuvenating, we had dinner at the restaurant of our spa resort, Solage, called Solbar. Their bread basket was fantastic and I'm not one for bread usually. The cheese biscuits we had to ask for extras.
We ordered and order of sliders as appetizer for the table. They weren't exactly "mini". But the onion sauteed down was almost like a chutney is melted consistency.
My entree of crispy skin chicken with root veggies was perfectly done.
Malia and Mary Ann both got the NY Strip
Sherri's pan seared salmon
Unfortunately, the dinner pictures didn't come out too well and it wasn't even my camera phone but my old trusty Canon Powershot. Maybe it's time for a new camera?

Breakfast was all about sausage gravy for me. I had the country fried steak.
We also ordered a side of biscuits and gravy for the table.
Needless to say, I am on a strict veggie diet this week and working out everyday to rectify the caloric damage done by the weekend of eating. But oh, it was worth it.... A moment on the lips, forever on the hips, bu also forever in my memory and soul.

No comments: