Monday, November 19, 2007

Boulud built it, we came....

The menu at Daniel Boulud at the Wynn in Vegas read, "9-oz sirloin burger stuffed with braised short ribs, foie gras, black truffle, parmesan bun, french fries - 32"
We had to have it. I had already had dinner but no matter, four of us split the burger as an appetizer. The rest of the meal/ menu looked great too but I was too full to have anything else. But this burger was pure decadence. Words fail me in describing the sheer gluttony that is this burger. It was sin; it was pleasure; it was a capsule of riches and spoils of the world. And eating this magnificient piece of earthly treasure while watching the surreal "Lake of Dreams" added to the sensual rapture.
Of course, this meal made me order the Boulud cookbook online. Now if I made Zuni burgers with other items stuffed inside.... Now that's a thought!


No comments: