Monday, September 10, 2007

Finally... TW in SF... Whoddathunk???

I was craving Taiwanese this weekend. Was starting to get a cold and was craving something soothing. Drove out to Clement and 25th as I heard about a Taiwanese restaurant there called "Taste of Formosa" and wanted to check it out. The space was very modern and cute. What a difference from the grungey, divey decor of most of the Chinese places around town! I was loving the place already and I hadn't even tasted the food. The menu selcetion had me salvating.... all the small eats looked tempting but as I came alone, I couldn't order too much.
I got the lu (slow cooked in marinade) seaweed salad. This was perfect. If they only made it into bowties, it would have exactly how my Grandma Chau made it when I was a little girl.

I was excited to see that they had fried cuttlefish balls on the menu. Not quite like the grilled ones on a stick I had in Danshui, but still tasty in their own right with a bit of salt and pepper seasoning. I love that they gave sticks to eat this with.
The mushroom and pork potage soup with rice noodle was just okay. Not a whole lot of flavour.

I happily brought some of the cuttlefish balls and seaweed home for another meal. I've got to come back here with more people so we can try out more dishes!

No comments: