Monday, June 11, 2007

Catching up with NOPA

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks and need to play catch-up a bit. A couple of Saturdays ago I went to NOPA with E and some friends from London. Our reservation was on the later side, but I do like eating dinner out late on weekends. Reminds me of NYC. This was the third time I've been to NOPA. I love the space - airy, open, and bustling. Makes me giggle when I think about how I used to walk by this place all the time and G and I would talk about what it would be like if we opened a lounge there.

E had the lamb entree.

Anyway, I was sad to see no lamb riblets. That had been my favourite dish there. But I got over my disappointment quickly enough after we got our wine. We had a flatbread appetizer and some other one that was forgettable enough now that I cannot recall what it was. Overall I felt somewhat blase about the appetizers we had. For entrees we had the follwoing (really bad camera phone pics):


E had the lamb entree and T had the roast chicken.


A had the fish.


And I had the pork chop.
My pork chop was juicy and succulent. Just barely pink with clear juices. There was a honey sauce on top that made it extra divine. The entree saved the meal for me. Now if only the pictures were better.

No comments: